7 Fascinating Facts About a Historic Well Maryland at Timber Valley Retreat
💧 Hidden behind the farmhouse at Timber Valley Retreat is one of the most remarkable discoveries we've ever made.
When Karen and I purchased the farm, we had no idea a historic hand-dug well was buried beneath years of old lumber, debris, and forgotten materials. What started as a simple cleanup project quickly became one of the most rewarding restoration projects we've ever undertaken.
After carefully removing decades of debris, I climbed down into the well to continue the cleanup one bucket at a time. When I finally reached the bottom, I discovered something incredible.
Crystal-clear spring water was still flowing through the natural stone walls.
That same spring continues its quiet journey beneath the farm before emerging at our beautiful Spring-Fed Pond, where it helps support the deer, wild turkeys, ducks, frogs, turtles, songbirds, and countless other wildlife that call Timber Valley home.
Preserving this historic well became an important part of preserving the farm's history. Today, visitors can see this hidden treasure and learn the remarkable story behind its discovery.
We invite you to explore the complete story, view additional photographs, and discover how one forgotten well became one of Timber Valley Retreat's most meaningful places.
Want to see more photos and read the complete story?
Visit our Discover page:
https://timbervalleyfarmbarnrental.com/hand-dug-well-maryland/
🏡 Book Your Stay: https://timbervalleyretreat.com/
🌿 Family Owned • Family Operated
Creating Memories Across 100 Acres of Experiences.
© Timber Valley Retreat. All Rights Reserved.

Comments
Post a Comment